The weather is so beautiful today, I’ve been walking around with a stupid grin on my face.
I’m feeling off balance because:
- I haven’t found a library job yet BUT
- I actually have a little disposable income BUT
- I’m not sure if I’ll have a home at the end of the month BUT
- I feel like this summer I’m going to come out of my hole and make a load of new friends and actually enjoy being social and I don’t know what to make of that AND
- I’m starting to take my ideas seriously.
Being involved with and around artists who are sure that their vision is worth being supported monetarily is amazing.
Also, not having a job and being basically okay (not homeless/friendless) has given me larger cojones, and a willingness to trust myself. Which I now realize is necessary for self expression, life and other cliches.
It’s like traveling to another time or country, both of which I don’t have extensive experience doing, however, I have learned to love my favorite quote even more:
Wherever you go, there you are.